- Conserve landfill space (approximately 55-60% of the waste stream is organic matter)
- Reduce the production of toxic leachate and GHGs.
- Reduce carbon foot-print involved in transportation and cost spent in the same.
- Improve the physical structure of soil,
- Increase water holding capacity of soil.
- Enrich soil with micro-organisms and required nutrients, thus reducing dependency on chemical fertilizers.
- Promote green cover and land remediation, thereby mitigating global warming and climate change.
- Promote food security through the cultivation of seasonal food, organic fruits, herbs and vegetables from the compost produced.
RGGC ensures balance of key composting elements i.e Air, Temperature and Moisture. These elements make aerobic composting safe and efficient. Therefore, the Green Gold Bio-composters are placed in a ventilated space, like the parking or terrace.
|Size (no. of families)||Single||15||30||70||105||140|
|Wet(kgs) Waste per day per family||0.7|
|Space requirement (approx)||4 sq.ft||90 sq.ft||100 sq.ft||200 sq.ft||260 sq.ft||400 sq.ft|
|Number and model of RGGC||1 XS||3S||2 M||3 M||6 L||8 L||12 L|
Here’s what you need to implement a sustainable, holistic and decentralized waste management system in your premise. Our design philosophy is to connect to nature and learn its method of composting.
Just like in a forest, where leaves and fruits fall into the soil and degenerate, RUR aims to use RGGC technology to bring the power of nature in your home, society, school, office or institution and transform bio-degradable and horticultural waste into nutrient rich compost.
Being rich, natural, organic, and precious, the compost created in RGGC is fondly called ‘GreenGold’.
All biodegradable kitchen waste like fruits and vegetable peels, tea leaves,egg shells,meat, fish bones as well as cooked food can be added to RGGC for composting.
Bio-Composting cycle goes through 3 stages as below:
1. Active: Initial Breakdown
2. Cooking: Decomposition and Self- sanitation
3. Curing: Resting Phase before Compost is ready
Composting in RGGC is completely natural and thus requires 4-6 weeks to generate organic compost that meets FCO guidelines.
Shredding the horticultural waste will aid faster breakdown and better moisture control , thus facilitating the composting process. Check one of our lab test on a compost sample.
Alongside RGGC, Allied quipments required are:
1. Shredder: For shredding horticulture waste, dry leaves and sturdy discards (corn cobs, coconut shell and husk)
2. Shed : To be installed if RGGC is kept in open space.
3. Rake, seive, a pair of glove, sawdust(1kg), seed compost(1kg): provided as a starter kit