Green Awareness & Action Program
Launched on World Environment Day, 2010 ‘Go Green with Tetra Pak’ is an initiative by Tetra Pak India Pvt. Ltd. to maximize awareness and ensure safe and effective recycling of Tetra Pak cartons. The unique collaborative initiative with ‘Sahakari Bhandar’ and ‘Reliance Fresh’ aims to sensitize and educate consumers to practice easy steps to recycle Tetra Pak cartons and understand the benefits of recycling to the environment.
“Only the world will save the world! The key is good education!” – Rodolfo Peon
As a part of our Eco-education initiative, we have designed a Certification Course titled – Green Awareness & Action Program (GAAP) to sensitize, educate and spread awareness on practicing sustainable waste management in daily lives.
We offer two exciting projects that can be tailored to suit the students
- E-Learning Modules
- Setting up a Sustainable Composting System
Project 1: E-Learning Modules
This Greeneurship is an engaging 6 session online course, taught by industry experts and meticulously designed with facts and modern business ideologies that equip students to become green thinkers of tomorrow. The inclusion of practical assignments ensures putting their learning into perspective and bring about a positive change in their school/college.
Project 2: Setting up a Sustainable Composting System
A 3-month exciting project for the students to put into practice their learnings and implement a sustainable waste management system for their school/college. Helps in all round skill development ranging from Science to Business & Entrepreneurship
GAAP Facilitates Multidisciplinary Learning
- Understanding the Triple Bottom Line – People, Profit & Planet
- Insights into current environmental situation and challenges
- Developing a green mindset and thinking as a future change maker
- Practical training to adopt refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle, repurpose, repair that translates into cutting costs in electricity, water, waste management, and more.
Workshop A: E-Learning Modules
- Understanding Concept of Sustainability: Alignment of UN SDGs with Sustainability in everyday practice. (Assignment – A blog on Circular Economy/Three Pillars of Sustainability)
- Insights into Segregation at Source: Wet biodegradable, dry recyclable and non recyclable trash. (Practical assignment – Waste Audit)
- Understanding Home Composting: Live Demonstration and Case study of Community composting along with a virtual tour. (Practical Assignment – Start bucket composting – optional)
- Insights into gardening: Growing seasonal fruits and vegetables in recycled containers. DIY cleaning agents, and microgreens (Live Demo) (Practical Assignment – Grow your own microgreens/make your own organic cleaners)
- Trash Talk: Raise awareness about types of plastics & plastic pollution, finding solutions
- Knowledge Sharing: Group discussion